AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to connect OPC client to OPC server

Question asked by PIAdminEnelGP on Sep 17, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by KarlRickards

Hi team,

I'm unable to connect the OPC client to the OPC Server, so far DCOM is configured as it should (I followed the KB where it shows information on how to do that). The main problem is that the interface is unable to connect to the OPC Server (There was a change on domain from the OPC Server, but as we are using the IP it shouldn't have any problem) The error the interface is showing is:

Also when trying to connect to the OPC Server with the OPC Client I got this message.

But when using any other kind of OPC tool (Matrikon) I can connect without any problem and I can see the tags and values there.

Also using another OPC tool (OPC Rescue) I can connect without any problem and I can see the tags and values there.

So this shouldn't be a problem with DCOM as far as I know, then why is there is no way I can connect to the server with the ICU Interface?

And also the same tag (and all tags from the interface) I can see the values on the Matrikon Client - has a value of Intf-Shut on the PI Server

So far I want to call support for this, but there is some office related stuff and they are taking quite sometime to sign and approve the SLA. So I want to know what to do while I wait as I can tell for myself that there might be data getting on the Server.

Outcomes