3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 6:47 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

AdHoc Trend with TreeView problem

kpotter

When I view an AdHoc trend of a value from an svg which is tied to an Element Relative TreeView, I get the trend of the default element instead of the one presently selected on the TreeView.  The svg display is fine, but the AdHoc goes back to the default element.

Any Help is appreciated, Thank you.

• Re: AdHoc Trend with TreeView problem
          Ahmad Fattahi

Ken,

Have you seen this KB article explaining how you can use PI Graphic and PI TreeView Webparts for display of PI AF elements? In short you would need to create an attribute in AF for the elements that contains the full path to the SVG file to be used for that element.

kpotter

Ahmad,

That article is valuable for situations where dissimlar equipment needs to be grouped together.  However, if I had to build a separate display for each element, then that defeats all benefits of "Element Relative".  This is certainly a bug that needs to be fixed asap.

Thank you.

Ahmad Fattahi

Ken,

As a consumer, the PI Graphics WebParts accepts element-relative context paths (from PI Table and PI TreeView web parts, for example) to update dynamic content associated with PI Attributes. I haven't been able to find a bug in our database in that regard. Just to make sure we are on the right path, have you seen the "Current Context Path" section under in "PI WebParts User manual > The PI Graphic WebPart > Configure PI Graphic WebPart"?