3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 1:34 PM by sraposo

PI System Explorer trend bug?

Cheerion

Hi,

I accidently entered a future (end) date - 2099 instead of 2019 - in a PI System Explorer trend. The trend was never shown as PI System Explorer is no longer responding.

I closed PI System Explorer through Windows Task Manager but when I restarted PI System Explorer again, the problem was still there.

The trend doesn't come up as it seems to be in a 'loading' state. I waited for over 40 minutes but on the first click in PI System Explorer a pop-up arises with the question if I want to close or debug the program (seems like a Windows Message).

Did anybody had this before? If so, how did you succeed in setting a new end date?

Thanks in advance...

Roy

• Re: PI System Explorer trend bug?
          Cheerion

I was lucky find the solution myself:

1) Close PI System Explorer

2) Restart System Explorer

3) The first element in your - last selected - model is selected. So no specific attribute is selected.

4) Go to 'View' > 'Trend', an empty trend will be shown - so no attribute is shown - and this allows you to reset your end date - in my case 2099 - back to a normal one :-)

Have a nice day...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Asle Frantzen

Yes, the trends keep remembering the last used time periods.

I normally just open a trend / time series data dialog for a static value (no time series), and then change the time range to *-8h or something, before I try reopening the attribute I want. Usually does the trick!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              sraposo

Hey Roy,

Which version of PI System Explorer are you running? I just tried in PI System Explorer 2018 and I can't reproduce your issue:

(notice the 2099 timestamp at the bottom right).

Where you trending 1 attribute that has a PI Point data reference? Or were you trending an attribute with a different type of data reference?

Thanks,

Seb