8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 11:55 AM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

Unable to Start RDBMSPI Interface from ICU

SirishaE

HI ,

I am facing an issue while starting RDBMSPI service, it is throwing an error "Failed to start Service" as shown below. Initially the configuration and interface was working fine.

For maintenance activity , the system got shutdown and started , from then i am facing this  issue.

Can anyone help in resolving this issue.

Thanks.

Sirisha.E

• Re: Unable to Start RDBMSPI Interface from ICU
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Sirisha

Could you please start interface in interactive mode and check for message logs if any? Also request you to check PI message logs on the interface node for errors.

Based on the error message we can suggest .

Thanks,

Lal

SirishaE

HI Lal,

As suggested, i had run the interface in interactive mode and checked the logs. In log i see the below content.

Before that One important point to share is IP address of machine( server where OSI installation done) got changed , from then we are facing this issue.

Is any impact on IP address change.

I 09-Oct-18 17:04:47 pinetmgr                                            (7054)

>> New Pinet 1 connection: RDBME No Trust established for: INHI2U-POFSRV02.CORP

.CYIENT.COM|172.17.12.32|RDBME. Explicit login is required for access.

and an error stopping interface.

>> Error -10400: pipt_nextptwsourcelong failed for point source UI_IF_INFO. Int

ializing uniint library failed. Stopping Interface.

Sirisha.

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Sirisha

From the error logs looks like user id you are using to lauch ICU is not having permissions to PI Data archive. Request you to launch with ID that has access to PI Data Archive by right clicking ICU and run-as user id (if you unable to launch ICU then go to PIPC folder and check for ICU executable and launch using run-as.

If trust is already added then request you to check if trust has correct application name/ IP address/host details.

Thanks,

Lal

Malleswararao Giduthuri

Hi Sireesha,

Can you please reopen the ICU and try it. If this doesn't fix the issue please import the batch file from the ICU again then you can able to access it.

Let me know the status once you done the above the steps.

Thanks,

Mallesh

SaiKumarReddy

Hi Sirisha,

Before that One important point to share is IP address of machine( server where OSI installation done) got changed , from then we are facing this issue.

Is any impact on IP address change.

Yes there will be impact if there is  trust given for this interface node, Can you please change the IP address in trust and check if you are able to start. But with IP change you should not get failed to start error generally interface you should be able to start but it won't connect  to Data Archive.

One more thing for interface node is there trust present or PI data archive or Mapping, if it is trust can you open PI-SDK and try to connect to server and see if it successful.

As Lal Babu Shaik suggested please try opening ICU with User account which has permissions to start interface (hold shift and right click on ICU and click on run as different user)

Regards,

Sai

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    SirishaE

HI,

Thank you so much for the responses.

i tried with your suggestions but no luck , still the same error

Tried opening the ICU with user account who has full permissions and also tried with administrator too  still saying same error

SaiKumarReddy Pabbathireddy; I Opened PI-SDK to connect to server and teh connection is sucessfull.

In PI SMT->Mapping & Trusts , i see trust with the IP Adress as shown below which is pointing to local system(127.0.0.1)  so not required to change anything here right?

Thanks,

Sirisha.E