Can someone help me how to connect this to my AF-SVR Server?
OK, so when setting up your PI Vision connection, you will need to specify the named instance of your SQL Server - SQLServerName\InstanceName. You should also confirm that TCP/IP communication is enabled for your SQL Server instance:
In my case above TCP/IP isn't enabled as I run everything on a single development server. For a distributed setup like yours, TCP/IP will need to be enabled.
As far as your account goes, because you are running SQL Server on a separate machine and it appears you may not be logged in to the PI Vision machine with an account that has the required access to your SQL instance, you will need to manually create the PI Vision database. You will find the required scripts for this under %PIHOME64%\PIVision\Admin\SQL on your PI Vision server. Copy the contents of this folder to your SQL Server and run the scripts with the Go.bat file, and note that you need to pass some command line parameters to that script. See the documentation here for more information about this process.
So a few questions to help understand the actual issue:
1. Is your SQL Server running on the same machine as PI Vision, or a separate server? (From the error it looks like a local connection via named pipes)
2. Is your SQL Server running as the default instance (machine name), or a Named Instance?
3. Does the account you are logged in to PI Vision as have access rights to the SQL Server (needs sysadmin to create the database)
4. Can you connect to the SQL Server instance using SQL Server Management Studio?
Hi Sir John,
1. Separate server
2. Named Instance
3. I am not using a domain account all rights are under administrator which I am currently using
4. I created the server instance name AF-SVR under SQL Server Management Studio.
and also what I want is connect the client to the sql server
Thank you Sir John, yes I have found out that the TCP/IP was disabled and I have enabled the IP Pipes to connect the SQL Server.
Also, I will do what you have said on the PI Vision database.
Retrieving data ...