3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2018 3:00 AM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

Revise Interface ID

ebelaski

Hopefully this question is as simple as it sounds:

I have a working RDBMS interface with an Interface ID of 1 which has a bat file name of RDBMSPI1.bat. For naming convention reasons, I would like to revise the Interface ID to 5 such that the bat file will also rename itself to RDBMSPI5.bat.

Is there a best practice for renaming an interface ID after it is in service?

Is it as simple as revising the Interface ID field on the "General" tab in the ICU?

The Location 1 attribute will need to be revised on the PI tags as well to reflect a 5. Would any other setting need to be revised?

I thought I once read where revising an Interface ID is not recommended so I thought it best to inquire to the community first.

Thanks.

• Re: Revise Interface ID
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Eric

Request you to refer below KB article for the same. Location 1 in RDBMS interface refers to interface id. If you are changing instance id then location 1 should be changed accordingly.

KB00990 - Best practices for creating interface instances

Thanks

Lal

ebelaski

Thanks Lal.

I read through the KB article. The article is not specific when it comes to revising the Interface ID.

Perhaps the question may be: Is it best to revise the Interface ID using the ICU in the current configuration or to create a new Interface with the Interface ID desired?

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Eric

Section "ICU creates a new batch file when loading interface" has some information related to your issue. 

In general, You can create a batch file will all required parameters designed name instance ID. Instance ID will be suffixed a the end of the batch file. When ICU loads it will check the  file and prompt for a change and will load with new parameters and rename to .bak and changes new configuration batch file to readonly mode. You can use ICU and load batch functionality to load your batch file with preferred name and instance ID. Please remember to change points location 1 to instance id and desired scan class Location 4

Thanks,

Lal