AnsweredAssumed Answered

I need ASME Steam Tables to use with my software!

Question asked by UsmanAmjad on Oct 22, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 by Jouni

Hello Experts,

This is Mir Usman Amjad, I look after the domain of advance engineering solutions including the process engineering calculations for multiple power plants as one of critical tasks of this domain. I develop their performance models and energydashboard for real time monitoring and analysis. To do this, I need steam tables to perform detailed heat & mass balance to generate multiple KPIs for plants. I am searching for ASME Steam Tables so that I can use and integrate them with my software to calculate the required properties of steam & water using the field instrument values of pressure & temperature. There are many offline software that give steam & water properties but they all work in offline mode like a standard tool for offline values check. What I need is that a steam table property package which is able to integrate with the databases or other archiving software.

For example Rockwell's FactoryTalk Historian or OSISoft PI has built in ASME Steam Tables. I used them in many projects that I did for power plants. Right now the requirement is different and I want to do the same with my software and use ASME’s steam tables with my software to generate the required steam & water properties. Can anyone help how can I do it and from can I get these?

Regards,

Usman

Outcomes