4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 1:37 PM by BambooPI

Redundant OPC interfaces

BambooPI

I'm using (trying) hot swap uniint on 2 OPC interfaces and having issues.  Only one interface appears able to write to the UFO2 tags and the info on which is primary etc appears swapped round.  I've checked the failover ID# settings and they appear correct.  However the two interfaces are different, one read-write and one read-only.  Would this cause problems?

• Re: Redundant OPC interfaces
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Paul

Could you please check UnitFailover synchronisation file path and UFO health points on both interfaces? Would recommend to delete UFO health and recreate if problem persists.

Additional reference : PI Universal Interface (UniInt) Framework

Thanks,

Lal

Roger Palmen

Not really sure, my first hunch would be a mixup of the UFO tags and/or configuration.

Although i can't confirm, i don't expect the mix of the two types causing issues, although this is an odd scenario. Why use that setup? Does not make sense to have these differences...

PS: do you by any chance use disconnected startup? I've seen some odd behaviour with that, but don't have the details at hand.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                BambooPI

Hi Gabriel

The customer has a working read only interface and wanted to change to writable and introduce redundancy. This is an intermediate position where we hoped to let the newly installed writable interface take over / fail over while the old r/o one is being upgraded.  There are no writable tags as yet. 

But you are right. It's not a normal scenario but having been presented with it I'm trying to find a smooth low risk path. 

Regards 

Paul

On Wednesday, 24 October 2018, 14:50:56 GMT+2, Gabriel Michaud-Verreault <pisquare@osisoft.com> wrote: 

Gabriel Michaud-Verreault (pisquare@osisoft.com) is not on your Guest List | Approve sender | Approve domain

|

PI Square 

|

Redundant OPC interfaces

Gabriel Michaud-Verreault marked Roger Palmen's reply on Redundant OPC interfaces as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

Not really sure, my first hunch would be a mixup of the UFO tags and/or configuration.

Although i can't confirm, i don't expect the mix of the two types causing issues, although this is an odd scenario. Why use that setup? Does not make sense to have these differences...

PS: do you by any chance use disconnected startup? I've seen some odd behaviour with that, but don't have the details at hand.

Following Redundant OPC interfaces in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by PI Square because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from PI Square, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

gmichaud-verreault

What is the use case for having a failover with ReadWrite and ReadOnly. If you are using output points, they will fail when it fails over. If you do not use output points, then stick to Read-Only.

All the interfaces look at is the pointsource, location1, and ExDesc which contains the UFO attribute. Check out the documentation for Failover status points and attributes. Although ICU can create them for you, making sure that the pointsource, loc1, and ExDesc are properly set would be my first step. Then, review the message logs on startup, it should indicate what is wrong.

Gabriel

1 of 1 people found this helpful