1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 1:13 PM by Roger Palmen

Daily Integrator data for multiple timezones?

Roger Palmen

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a dashboard that should work acorss multiple regions. The dashboard needs to include daily data, but the key issue is that we use one global instance, yet have multiple sites across the globe included.

Let's say that for every site we have a daily total setup in PI AF. The timerange that would be applied to retrieve this daily total would be dependant on the scheduling i choose for the integrator. E.g. if i run the integrator for t-7d to t on a continuous schedule and have it return daily interpolated data, i would get my daily totals.

However, this would be daily, based on the timezone the integrator instance is running in. So if i would have a site in CET timezone, i would need to apply an offset to the scheduling based on the time difference between the integrator time zone and the site timezone. And then run a publication on a schedule for every timezone i would have. And another major issue would be DST....

So this is not really a good way forward. Any of you know any other ways to achieve this?

• Re: Daily Integrator data for multiple timezones?
          Roger Palmen

So far the best idea that came up is to use EventFrames: for each site create an EventFrame for each Production day, and use that to extract the values for a specific day based on local rules and local timezone. Still leaves the problem to tackle if the AFServer runs in a different timezone (and different DST settings) than the site, and how to know the time difference. More food for thought...