AnsweredAssumed Answered

Daily Integrator data for multiple timezones?

Question asked by Roger Palmen on Nov 1, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 by Roger Palmen

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a dashboard that should work acorss multiple regions. The dashboard needs to include daily data, but the key issue is that we use one global instance, yet have multiple sites across the globe included.

Let's say that for every site we have a daily total setup in PI AF. The timerange that would be applied to retrieve this daily total would be dependant on the scheduling i choose for the integrator. E.g. if i run the integrator for t-7d to t on a continuous schedule and have it return daily interpolated data, i would get my daily totals.

However, this would be daily, based on the timezone the integrator instance is running in. So if i would have a site in CET timezone, i would need to apply an offset to the scheduling based on the time difference between the integrator time zone and the site timezone. And then run a publication on a schedule for every timezone i would have. And another major issue would be DST....

So this is not really a good way forward. Any of you know any other ways to achieve this?

Outcomes