4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 10:00 PM by sraposo

how to use TimeGE?

a00224

I am using PI system explorer Analses, and this is set to periodic evaluation at intervals of 1 hour.

CWOutlet temperature may only exceed 90'F for 96 hours each calendar year.  am I right in thinking this phrase will create a count of hours that this is true?

I keep evaluating and I only get "0" for an output, when I know the answer should be 81.

StartTime = parsetime(concat("01-Jan-", year("*")))

TimeGE(CWOutlet,StartTime,'*',90)/3600

the equation is mapped to an attribute '96HourRule'

I have backfilled the expression starting on january 1st, i have checked it in, and I have refreshed.  still 0.  is the units of TimeGE seconds?

this is my third straight day trying to figure out how to use this function... please help me.

• Re: how to use TimeGE?
          John Messinger

Hi Robert,

Yes, the TimeGE function returns a value in seconds. You could simplify your expression somewhat by removing the step to generate your StartTime variable, and just pass a relative time as your start time, as follows:

TimeGE(CWOutlet,'1-Jan','*',90)/3600

This will still give you a relative time of January 1st for the current year.

4 of 4 people found this helpful
          • Re: how to use TimeGE?
            sraposo

Hi Robert,

What version of Asset Analytics are you using? I noticed there is a typo in your StartTime variable, the * should be within single quotes instead of double quotes:

Otherwise, I think your configuration should have worked. Though to keep it simple, and avoid using functions needlessly, John's proposed a good solution!

Thanks,

Seb

1 of 1 people found this helpful