4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 2:43 PM by sraposo

Manual Pi Point AF Reference

DylanWelsh

Hi,

Recently we have begun a project to implement the use of Manual Logger Web to gather manual operational data across our processes. This can include lab samples, pressure samples etc.

After creating the points all historical data was loaded in through an Excel macro to write to specific time stamps.

Issue I am having is that in Pi AF when a reference is made to one of these manual Pi Points it is able to retrieve the data from the archive for all values created using the Excel uploader, however all values since that have been collected and entered through Manual Logger Web are not being retrieved in AF. The values are able to be retrieved through Pi DataLink etc.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

• Re: Manual Pi Point AF Reference
          TimCarmichael

The only restriction AF would have on being able to access data should be the security on the data point itself.

For the data entered through Manual Logger Web, is it the same data point being used for the Excel data load?

Using a different utility, such as PI-SMT, can you confirm the values from Manual Logger Web are in the archive?

DylanWelsh

Thanks for your reply Tim.

Yes it is the same data point being used for both load methods, although all new data is to be only loaded via PIML

I have had a look in PI-SMT and can confirm that the archived values are able to be retrieved in there also.

Ill have a look into the point security and see if something is missing on there but seems strange that all historical data is retrievable through PSE but not new data

sraposo

Hi Dylan,

Do you have a PI Collective? Based on the behavior, I'm suspicious that the data from PI ML isn't being written to all collective members. An AF Client may be connected to one PI Data Archive while another (for example PI Data Link) is connected to the other PI Data Archive.

Thanks,
              Seb