2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 9:01 PM by Process_Eng_Josh

Connection to Data Server Error -2147220308

Process_Eng_Josh

We recently rolled PI out to our sites, and I am having an issue with connections to one of the servers. Other users on my network are able to access the data server for this facility, and do not have any issues. I am able to connect to other servers, but not one in particular. When I first had PI installed ~3 months ago I was able to connect to this server, but for the past month or so I have been unable to connect to this server. Everything looks like it is working properly from the server side, and I've tried to delete the connection and re-add it, but still get the same errors. When I am in Datalink or ProcessBooks I get the error -2147220308, and my googling skills do not turn anything up. When I attempt to connect in Connections Manager I get the standard PINET: Timeout on PR RPC or System Call Error. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

• Re: Connection to Data Server Error -2147220308
          jspann

Hello,
          It is interesting that other users on your network can connect but you cannot. Would traffic be routed the same way from your node as the ones that can connect to the Data Archive?

You can try and raise the SDK connection timeout from AboutPI-SDK > Connections > Options to see if the issue is something network related. We have KB00968 with more information.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
          Javin

1 of 1 people found this helpful