3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 7:05 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

Read ManualRecalc Info

formerpigeek
      Hi, I have a RootModule and multiple contexts under it scheduled in the PIACEManager. Recalculation is possible at the root level or the context level. I am using ISRecalcuting Property in my code to check if the exe is in recalc mode. I want to know if it is possible to figure out the rootmodule or which context is set for recalculation as I want to fetch the start and end time of recalculation from ManualRecalcInfo property? Thanks, Amit
        • Re: Read ManualRecalc Info
          Ahmad Fattahi

So are you asking how you can retrieve the context/module of a PI ACE calculation in the code? Would Context property help in that case?

formerpigeek

I want to read the ManualRecalcInfo property for the context from %OSI/ACEExecutables. If there are multiple contexts how do we read this property as the recalculate option in ACeManager can be applied to individual contexts or a set of contexts.

Ahmad Fattahi

Amit,

When a user schedules manual recalculation using ACE Manager, it writes the ManualRecalculationInfo property at the context, module, executable or ACEClassLibraries module level (depending on which level the recalculation was scheduled). This property contains the start time, end time and period for the recalculation and is read by ACE scheduler to perform recalculations.

While one can read this property from MDB (using PISDK calls) – this is internal to ACE and should not be read from the user code. One cannot reliably read this property to figure out the level at which recalculation was triggered. For example, if you trigger recalculation at context and module levels, this property would exist at both levels, and one cannot reliably figure out as to what level a specific recalculation was triggered from.