7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2018 8:49 AM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

Problem refresh ICU

ALLENDE

Hi everybody,

I have a case of same value of signal for two days

First of all the energy of Apinode was off, then the refresh was automatically, its ok

The problem: the value was the same for two days.

I checked the communication is OK

I checked OPC client, PI DA is OK

I checked ICU, apparently was ok, because It was showed Check . But I reset and Finally the all signal refresh

Somebody could how to help us? I think is important to configurate the ICU.

• Re: Problem refresh ICU
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Allen

From the screen shot and details provided you are using OPC DA Interface to connect to your PCS system and get data based on scan frequency. Looking at the trend it looks like connection to your OPC DA server is broken and restart is fixing the issue. To investigate further on this issue, I would recommend you to create performance counter--> Device Status (ICU --> Performance Counters) . This counter will provide additional information about the connection issue with OPC DA server. Alternatively request you to check PI message logs for the time it broken for Device Status.

• 0 Interface working properly, reading/writing data
          • 1 Starting interface, not connected to device
          • 2 Connected to device, not receiving data
          • 3 Communication error with device
          • 4 Shutting down the interface
          • 10 Connected to device, not receiving data
          • 30 1st available state for user defined statuses (custom to each interface)
          • 50 Attempting to force failover
          • 70 Last available state for user defined statuses (custom to each interface)
          • 90 Starting interface, not connected to device
          • 95 Communication error with device
          • 99 Shutting down the interface

Thanks,

Lal

ALLENDE

Hi Every body,

I was checked the log and I found the next:

1. In my opinion it was event occured because opc server was disconected.

Please I would like to know your opinion.

Otherwise , I have other case about  factory of cement:

The problem: Some times the signal present the same signal for 20 minutos or 30 minutes . The enginner reset the ICU and finally the signal  reappears.

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Allen

I would request you to compare Devicestatus in your log file with codes mentioned in below KB. Device status 95 relates to communication problem with OPC server.  Refresh call failure occurs when you have restart your interface and OPC is failing to respond for short call ie.e less frequency call due to pending cache.  But if Device status is constant at 95 then there is problem connecting to OPC server.  Request you to take a look at below KB article for list of error codes and explanation in detail.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB00932