From the screen shot and details provided you are using OPC DA Interface to connect to your PCS system and get data based on scan frequency. Looking at the trend it looks like connection to your OPC DA server is broken and restart is fixing the issue. To investigate further on this issue, I would recommend you to create performance counter--> Device Status (ICU --> Performance Counters) . This counter will provide additional information about the connection issue with OPC DA server. Alternatively request you to check PI message logs for the time it broken for Device Status.
- 0 Interface working properly, reading/writing data
- 1 Starting interface, not connected to device
- 2 Connected to device, not receiving data
- 3 Communication error with device
- 4 Shutting down the interface
- 10 Connected to device, not receiving data
- 30 1st available state for user defined statuses (custom to each interface)
- 50 Attempting to force failover
- 70 Last available state for user defined statuses (custom to each interface)
- 90 Starting interface, not connected to device
- 95 Communication error with device
- 99 Shutting down the interface
Can you restart the interface instance and check the logs? Have you found anything in the event viewer logs? Alternatively create device status tags from health points and right click to create it.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
PIPC.log is rarely used for this version of OPC DA interface. Please check your local PI Message Log according to KB00401:
An easy method that I normally use is to print message continuously via PI-ICU menu button or to use PISDK utility.
Hi Every body,
I was checked the log and I found the next:
1. In my opinion it was event occured because opc server was disconected.
Please I would like to know your opinion.
Otherwise , I have other case about factory of cement:
The problem: Some times the signal present the same signal for 20 minutos or 30 minutes . The enginner reset the ICU and finally the signal reappears.
I would request you to compare Devicestatus in your log file with codes mentioned in below KB. Device status 95 relates to communication problem with OPC server. Refresh call failure occurs when you have restart your interface and OPC is failing to respond for short call ie.e less frequency call due to pending cache. But if Device status is constant at 95 then there is problem connecting to OPC server. Request you to take a look at below KB article for list of error codes and explanation in detail.