2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 12:38 AM by parasynOSIpi

List of Tags for user

parasynOSIpi

I am trying to write a script in Excel to create a list of all the tags that a user has read access to using the PI SDK. The user is part of a domain and has a corresponding identity in PI security. The user is also in a group with a corresponding group in PI security. The user is given read and or write access to points via groups.

Is there a generic function that returns true or false if a user has read or write access. I noteiced that ISecurity2 has IsReadable or IsWritable functions. Are these functions able to be used with PIPoint objects?

• Re: List of Tags for user
          hanyong

Hi Peter,

IPISecurity and IPISecurity2 interface is not supported by PIPoint object, so you wouldn't be able to use the methods in the interface to check if the user has privilege to a specific PIPoint.

There isn't a quick and easy way to check for user's privilege. Here's an old post that you can refer to for code snippets that you can use to check for user privilege on a PIPoint. The sample provided checks for a user's privilege to the data of a PIPoint. You can modify it to check for privilege on the configuration of the PIPoint.

• Re: List of Tags for user
            parasynOSIpi

Thanks for the link even though it was not a simple solution it worked for me.