1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2018 6:15 AM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

Issue Using Pi Vision 2017 R2 Display Utility

SharZ

We are new to Pi and today we finally did our first migration of our AF which appears to have gone OK.  We then started to move our Pi Vision display using the Pi Vision 2017 R2 Display Utility.  Basically I remoted onto the DV Vison server where the Utility was installed and when through the steps to try to move a display.  I received the error shown below.  Has anyone seen this error before and if so, what where do I need to start looking to resolve this.

Additionally, is this tool the best way to move displays between environments?  How do people normally move the displays between environments?

Information Log Opened

Warning Destination backup at :: R:\sql\backups\DestinationDatabase.bak -- FAILED

Error Backup failed for Server 'sqlpivisionpd.companydomain.com'.

----------------------11/16/2018 2:10:51 PM

Error An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.

Error An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.

Error Display: Base Recip Unit Display copy Failed

• Re: Issue Using Pi Vision 2017 R2 Display Utility
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Sharon

Errors says backup of the database is not recent. Would recommened recent backup of the database before moving displays. Once database is backed up would recommend to follow below process to migrate displays.

PI Vision

Please make sure AF path is not changed in source and destination. ie.e. AF server name and PI Data Archive name can be different but element path should remain same to avoid no data.

Thanks,

Lal