3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 7:54 AM by Roger Palmen

PI Integrator Command Line Utilities

evan.crawford

Hi,

I have powershell scripts to automatically refresh calculations and recapture event frame data on an on-demand basis. I would like PI Integrator for BA to update selected views afterwards.

Is there a way to do this without using the "Update Data" button in the PI Integrator web page itself? Potentially using one of the angular scripts?

Thanks,

Evan

• Re: PI Integrator Command Line Utilities
          lsko

Hello Evan,

May I ask what angular script  you are referring to? Starting from the 2018 version, the PI Integrator has been able to sign up for updates for asset and streaming views through the PI Integrator Sync service. However, it is currently not possible to sign up for event frames, and there is no supported feature other than to manually click on the update data button to do a backfill.

We have an enhancement request on Uservoice that captures your desired functionality: Sign up for updates on the PI AF Server for new event frames. I would suggest upvote that request and leave your usecase in the comments, that way this request can be better prioritized.

Lok

• Re: PI Integrator Command Line Utilities
              evan.crawford

Hi Lok,

I am really looking for a command line interface for PI Integrator, so I can schedule tasks on my own. Much like how I can use "AnalysisService.QueueCalculation" from the PI SDK to backfill calculations on-demand. So it would look something like this:

#Load AFSDK

$refToMyAssembly = [reflection.assembly]::loadwithpartialname("OSIsoft.AFSDK")

$PISystem = New-Object OSIsoft.AF.PISystems

#Update My Asset View table

$PISystem.IntegratorService.UpdateData("TableID","Start Date", "End Date");

Thanks,

Evan