Welcome to the Configuring Analytics with PI AF Online Course! My name is Mark, and I'll be facilitating this course. I am a Product Support Engineer at OSIsoft based out of the San Leandro, CA office. In my role, I handle a number of different responsibilities including Tech Support, remote and in person Service work, as well as In-person and online trainings like this one. Some of my hobbies outside of work include trail running, winter sports including skiing and ice hockey, and exploring the Bay Area food scene.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourselves to both me and your fellow classmates. Some ideas for things to include would be your name, what you do for work, your experience with PI, your hobbies, what you would like to get out of this course, and any other fun things you would like to include.
A few reminders:
- The course starts on 3-Dec-2018 (today) and will conclude on 21-Dec-2018.
- This is a self-paced class. Please find the video lectures and additional information about the course at Configuring Analytics with PI AF
- Please post your questions at the Configuring Analytics with PI AF Discussion so other students can benefit from seeing each others' questions or you can send me an email. I will be contacting you by email soon, so you will have my contact details.
- The only requirement for obtaining the certificate of completion for this course is to submit a successful final project to me before the end of the 3-week session (12PM Pacific Time on 21-December-2018).
- We typically encourage you to work with your own PI System and own data to create a final project that's meaningful and useful for your work. However, if you do not have access to a working system, you can purchase an optional learning environment for this course for 3 weeks.
I will do my best to guide you through this PI World!
Welcome and happy learning!