AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Development Server attached to Production AF server

Question asked by cjrancur on Jan 4, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 by Rick Davin

How do I change a PC-based PI Dev Club Archive Server to point to it's own AF Database location, rather than to our production AF database?

I started the following AF SDK tutorial with an updated installation of the PI Dev Club Server.

Developing Applications with PI AF SDK

I realized after completing the first step of the tutorial that none of the tags in PI System Explorer were populating correctly into the new AF elements that were created locally on the same PC's AF database.  I think the reason is that I incorrectly set up the PI Dev Club server to point to the production AF database on a different server class machine. I built the AF elements and templates on the AF database on the PC where the Pi Dev Club archive server is installed.

Can someone help me to fix this mistake? I would really appreciate tips, or I'd be grateful if you could point me to a KB article for changing the AF server associated with PI archives. I tried to search for an article like that, but I didn't find it.

I suspect I'll need to delete and recreate those PI points again on the PI Dev Club server, after I get the AF database associated with the correct PI Dev Club AF database.  I verified that the PI Dev Club server is started, and that the simulation tags and weather tags for this exercise are working in the PI archive, but not in the PI System Explorer or AF part of the PI Dev Club server.

Outcomes