4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 3:58 PM by jowens

Unable to connect to PI System Clients - Cloud Environment

Rebin

Hi,

When I try to connect through RDP or start the server in the cloud environment, i receive the error below:

How can I connect to the Cloud Environment?

• Re: Unable to connect to PI System Clients - Cloud Environment
          jowens

Hi Rebin Said,

If you are having trouble connecting, wait a few minutes after starting the Virtual Machine, and try again. Please also make sure your system meets the basic requirements for making a connection found in the Training Cloud Environments section of the FAQ. One common reason for being unable to connect is due to company firewall policies that do not allow connections to the cloud environment over the required ports. You can confirm this using the test connection zip files in the FAQ. You could also try making the connection from a different network (such as your home internet).

Let me know if you are able to connect or if you are able to determine that it is a firewall issue.

Regards,

James

Rebin

Hi James,

I was finally able to connect. It was because of the firewall; I am now connect through my 4G mobile connection (outside our company Wifi network, which block the RDP connection).

Furthermore, it was a bit of a search to find the username and password for the Cloud Environment.

The username was mentioned in the Cloud Environment confirmation e-mail, and the password was sent after deploying the Virtual Learning Environment.

Regards,

Rebin

jowens

Hi Rebin Said,

I'm glad you were able to connect to the cloud environment. And if you're still interested, the test connection zip files are located on the FAQ page under the Training Cloud Environments section in the answer to the question "What are the system requirements?"

I'm sorry you had a tough time finding the logon credentials for the cloud environment. The reason the username and password are not sent together is for security purposes. The password is not set until the virtual machines are created so that a unique password can be set for each environment. Let me know if you have any further issues with this.

Regards,

James