voo33

OLEDB Provider error

Discussion created by voo33 on May 31, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 by Kagen Del Rio

Hi ,

We’re getting an error when trying to connect in the PowerPivot add-in for Excel. We need to run a very large data call that exceeds the number of rows available in a standard Excel worksheet. Below is the error message:

“OLE DB or ODBC error: OLE DB Provider instance properties are in conflict with another Provider instance properties using the same Session ID.”

Here’s the query we’re attempting to run: (which will return HUGEamount of data...)

SELECT

substr(tag,1,instr(tag,'.')-1) "Site",

substr(tag,1,instr(tag,'_')-1) "Inverter",

time "Date",

value "Availability"

FROM

piarchive..piavg

WHERE

time BETWEEN '1/1/07' AND 't'

AND timestep='1d'

AND tag LIKE 'M%_AVL.VAL_.PI'

AND value IS NOT NULL

Here is the connection string:

Provider=PIOLEDB.1;User ID=piuser;Initial Catalog=piarchive;Data Source=pispeb01;Extended Properties="";Integrated Security=SSPI;Command Timeout=0;Log Level=0;Log File="";Shorten Primary Keys=False;Always Return Rowset=False;Defer Execution=False;Identifier Prefixes=False;Disable Server Selection=False;Time as Double=False;Optimization Log Limit=100;Session ID=1;Keep Default Ordering=True;Session Pipelines=1;Current Time Precision=0;Function Errors as NULL=True;Cancel On Low Resources=True;Show Hidden Metadata=False;Application Identity="";Default Timestep=1h;Integers as Value=False;Timestamp Interval Start=True;Support PI Wildcards=True;Time Zone=Local;Connection Type=PreferPrimary;Max Cache Size=100000;Server Log=""

When trying this on my home machine last night I was able to get it to run by changing the Session ID in the connection string from 1 to 2, but it timed out before the query completed.

I'm not sure if this failure has something to do with the giant data call. Any help and suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shanshan

Outcomes