AnsweredAssumed Answered

UPDATED Error: "Failed to initialize feature layer" when creating a time-enabled service to ArcGISOnline w/ augmented feature layer

Question asked by tkiehle on Jan 16, 2019

Update:

So, I solved my own problem.  Forgot my first rule:  Know your data.

Turns out the Pi admin modified the values in the element name to all be "Rain Gauge", and moved the unique identifier to the Site field.  So, I was trying to join my augmented feature layer on the wrong field.  Oops.

Now that I'm past this mistake, I have others to figure out, but I'll post them on separate discussion threads.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Original Post:

\I'm getting a "Failed to initialize feature layer. " error when I try to create a new time-enabled service that attempts to provide location data via and augmented feature layer in ArcGIS Online.

Entire error message at the head of the service layer page after failed intialization:

Failed to initialize feature layer. Service: RainGauge - Layer: 'RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled' -- Error: Layer: RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled Setting JoinField to Feature Table Failed. Message: One or more errors occurred. Please see the Event log for more details

It appears I've successfully registered the Pi Integrator for Esri ArcGIS app with ArcGIS Online (AGOL) since I was able to connect to the Feature Layer URL and authenticate with the App ID and populate/select a Feature layer Join Field to the Pi System key.  On a side note it took some time to get the App Registered correctly with ArcGIS Online, but I final got it to work, I think.

So, when I tried to create my new time-enable Pi service layer with the Augmented Feature layer.  During the configuration i was able to successfully get the Augmented Feature Layer configured and authenticated according to the wizard.  Then, when I click the button to create the layer I get the initialization error.  I look at the logs and the wizard creates the new layer on the Pi service, but then it throws these errors in succession:

- Layer: RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled Setting JoinField to Feature Table Failed. Message: One or more errors occurred.

- AugmentedElementFeatureStore:RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled Initialization failed. Message: Layer: RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled Setting JoinField to Feature Table Failed. Message: One or more errors occurred.

- Error: Layer: RainGauge_2_AGOL_timeenabled Setting JoinField to Feature Table Failed. Message: One or more errors occurred.

Could it be an issue with tokens between my Pi system that is behind my firewall and the ArcGIS Online on the web?  I'm doing all the configuration of the Pi and ArcGIS Online from my workstation on logged into our network.

My environment:

- Pi Integrator for Esri ArcGIS (Version 2.0.0.2440 (2017) hosted in Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)

- ArcGIS Online

- The ArcGIS Online access is for an organizational portal so it uses a <subdomain>.maps.arcgis.com.

Outcomes