2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 3:24 PM by SharZ

"[11001] No such host is known" Error for Some PSE Users but Not Others?

SharZ

We are relatively knew to PI and just started seeing an issue that I was wondering if anyone else had seen. We have some users who suddenly started seeing this error [11001] No such host is known when they go to look at the attributes in our Production AF database element hierarchy in Pi System Explorer. Others of us with the same permissions and client version are not seeing the errors at all.

The ones experiencing the issues are able to connect to the DV AF database through PI System Explorer and view those attribute values fine. It is just when they switch to connect to the Production AF database that they start seeing the errors in PI System Explorer.

Error.JPG

• Re: "[11001] No such host is known" Error for Some PSE Users but Not Others?
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Sharon

Request you to check PI server mapped in AF attributes. Looks like host name is not resolved /does not exist or no permission.

• Re: "[11001] No such host is known" Error for Some PSE Users but Not Others?
              SharZ

I think that is exactly what is going on.  We have a collective for our live Data Archive so we have a DR and a Prod server setup.  There is an alias for the Data Archive.  Suppose the alias is Bob.  When I look at the properties for the server connections for the users having issues with their client tools, Pi Builder or PSE, they had the alias as the Host.  I did not.  I had the host as the actual production server name.  When the other users pointed the connection to Production, the issues they were seeing went away.  So it sounds like we have an issue  with the resolution of that host name when the connection to that collective has actually been cached on the user machine to be pointing to DR.

Does that sound like a valid description of what is likely going on?