4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 4:52 PM by dhollebeek

ProcessBook / Change Display UOM

sovain

Hi,

Using the PI System Explorer, I change the Display UOM from F to Celsius in AF Structure.

Working in ProcessBook Project, the Tag Value on a page is still showing me the temperature in F.

"Change the Display UOM" is not working or I do something wrong ?

Thanks

0160.1.JPG

• Re: ProcessBook / Change Display UOM
          dhollebeek

For simple data references to PI points, ERD goes directly to the PI server for data (for efficiency).  This means that the UOM that is displayed is the Eng Units from the PI server.  To get the AF UOM to display, go to the Data Reference and change it to: "\\server\tag;UOM=<uom>", where <uom> is the UOM you would like to be displayed.

sovain

Got it, perfect.

Thanks David

sovain

I checked it again and it seems that the conversion is not relevant.

So, when using "Change the Display UOM"  in AF  -  it shows a proper value only in AF Structure (Processbook used different value )

- when specify UOM like "\\server\tag_a26at;UOM=°C" in AF Structure( Data reference), this

affects the ProcessBook DisplayValue,  but wrong calculation.

I will be doing calculation of UOM programmatically that is not for preference.

dhollebeek

Ok, a little more explaining.  PI server Eng Units are just text ... there is not enough into to convert them stored in the PI server.  If the PI server is in Farenheit, then set the attribute UOM to Farenheit as stated above.  Then for the symbol enter "E.Attribute;UOM=<desired uom>".  For PB 3.3, there is a user interface for selecting the UOM in ERD through the GUI, but for 3.2 and older, you have to edit the symbol tag name manually.