3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2019 7:07 AM by jsoulis

Store and list error codes from a Pi tag

iLikeWaffles

Hi, we have a PI tag called error codes. It shows the current error code. There are 600 different error codes.

How can I save the error codes and display a pareto of them over time? We are not using AF.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to show this info in Processbook, but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Store and list error codes from a Pi tag
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi David

If you planning to store error codes then would suggest you to create a digital set with all error codes/description and assign it to your PI Point . e.g. You can take a look at "System" digital state. Once mapped to digital tag you can visual the same in visualisation tool like PI Vision /PB. You can use PI Builder to export 600 codes with description into to PI.

iLikeWaffles

Thanks for the prompt reply. Ok I created a digital set with all my error codes...

1.jpg

Then I created a digital tag mapped to the digital set and the source tag from the original tag that displays current error code...

2.jpg

I'm not getting anything from this new tag. When an error occurs nothing happens. I think my whole thinking on this is a little skewed.

Once this tag works how would I cohesively display this in Processbook? Ideally, I'd love to show a list of 10 most frequent error codes.

jsoulis

Hello,

What is the data type of the source data for the 'error codes' tag?

In other words, what did the values look like before switching to a digital set? Where the values coming in as strings with the actual written out full length error message? or were they coming in as integer codes?

If the values are originally coming in as integer values, you simply need to make the 'error codes' tag a Digital tag mapped to the set you made instead of making it a source tag for a new tag.