AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I access event recorder entries from the GE Multilin 369 motor management relay?

Question asked by CurtisE on Feb 15, 2019

I am interfacing OSI PI to the GE Multilin 369 Motor Management Relay via the Modbus Ethernet Interface. PI is currently collecting tag data from the unit. Now I would like to bring the Mulitilin's Event Recorder entries into PI. Here is an explanation from the Multilin 369 Communication manual on how the event recorder is read:

The 369 event recorder data starts at address 3000h. Address 3003h is a pointer to the

event of interest (1 representing the oldest event and 512 representing the latest event. To

retrieve event 1, write ‘1’ to the Event Record Selector (3003h) and read the data from

3004h to 3022h. To retrieve event 2, write ‘2’ to the Event Record Selector (3003h) and read

the data from 3004h to 3022h. All 512 events may be retrieved in this manner. The time

and date stamp of each event may be used to ensure that all events have been retrieved in

order without new events corrupting the sequence of events (event 3 should be more

recent than event 2, event 2 should be more recent than event 1, etc.).

Can anyone point me to example solutions for doing this sort of thing with PI?  I"m hoping there's already a solution available.  When I installed the Modbus Ethernet Interface, I opted for the read/write version, so I should be able to write to the Multilin.  I've attached the Multilin 369 Communication manual to this post.  Section 6.3 "Event Recorder" is the section of interest.

Attachments

Outcomes