AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Vision / PI Data Archive Compatibility issue with certificates

Question asked by VCampus-METCO on Mar 4, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2019 by VCampus-METCO

I have a brand new test VM with PI Data Archive 2018 and AF 2018 etc running on windows Server 2016. I came to install PI Vision 2017 R2 on the same VM. During the installation I was not allowed to create a new self-signed certificate, but there was one already on the machine - presumably this is now created by the Data Archive install iself. The install itself went OK.

I am having problems getting the Vision/WebAPI working because I get the error below.

Source Crawler, Failed to connect to PI Web API at https://2016-pidemo.pidemo.local/piwebapi/Search/. Error System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

PI Vision Admin site shows the following error. I also get the same error using the machine name or FQDN.

Is this because of a compatibility issue between Data Archive 2018 and Vision 2017 R2? Can I create a new self-signed certificate to be used by Vision?

Simon

Outcomes