5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2019 12:52 PM by TDurand

AF Server - TCP error 10022

TDurand

Hello,

After installation, the AF server can’t start properly.

In the Event Viewer, I have the following error for AF:

Exception in OnStart: A TCP error (10022: An invalid argument was supplied) occurred while listening on IP Endpoint=0.0.0.0:5457.

I was suspecting a problem with the permissions, but I can’t find any missing.

Does anyone know about this issue?

Thank you for your help.

• Re: AF Server - TCP error 10022
          sraposo

Hi Thierry,

The error suggests that there is an issue with the AFService.exe.config file. Notice that there is no IP address specified for the AF Server ( while listening on IP Endpoint=0.0.0.0:5457).

If it's possible I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the PI AF Application Service.

Which version of PI AF are you installing?

Thanks,

Seb

TDurand

I uninstalled and reinstalled the PI AF Application Service, but it didn’t make a change.

I am using PI AF Services 2016 R2 on Windows server 2016.

I didn’t do any manual edit to that configuration file. Where should I check in this file?

I found reference to endpoint net.tcp://localhost:5457/AFServer/service

Thank you for your help.

TDurand

Sorry for the late reply,

I did check the Administrative access, restart the machine, and confirmed the server didin't start with telnet and netstat.

I thought this IP address should not be a problem in the context of a server, where it points to all IPv4 addresses on the local machine.