ssatpathy

Online Training: Developing Applications with PI AF SDK - March 2019 - Introduce Yourself

Discussion created by ssatpathy Employee on Mar 4, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2019 by ssatpathy

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the 3-week online course on Developing Application with the PI AF SDK. My name is Shrey Satpathy and I'm a member of the PI Developer Technologies Support team here at OSIsoft based in San Leandro, CA. My day job involves helping customers, such as yourself utilize the full value of the PI System by helping them build applications custom tailored for their business needs. Over the course of the next three weeks you will take a deep dive into the world of PI AF SDK and learn to leverage it for your specific data needs.

In this thread I'd like to know a bit about you and your background with PI software. So please introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about what you would like to get out of this course and any other information you'd like to share. Please also share your timezone so that I can pick a time for office hours that aligns with everyone.

You can find the lecture material and additional information at the course page here: Developing Applications with PI AF SDKPlease post any questions that come up in the Developing Applications with PI AF SDK discussion forum -- it's better if it's posted publicly because oftentimes multiple people have similar questions.

If you don't want to post in the forum for some reason (e.g. you need to include some proprietary information in your question), then you can send me an email. I'll be reaching out to you all by email soon.

The course runs through Friday, March 22nd -- three weeks to work through the lecture material and prepare the project. However, it's much better to start wrapping up projects by the beginning of the third week since this allows for us to have some back-and-forth about your project.

Happy Coding!

- Shrey Satpathy

Outcomes