4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2019 4:12 PM by MariaMoore

PI System Explorer to a SSRS Report

MariaMoore

Hello!

I am trying to hook up the data that can be found in PI System Explorer (containing analysis on tags) and I am trying to get the data to be shown in a SSRS report.

I've looked into used PI OLE DB as a data source connection type in SSRS, but I do not know how to get the connection to point to the database I am using in PI System Explorer.

Has anyone done this before? It's hard to find documentation on connecting to a SSRS report.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

• Re: PI System Explorer to a SSRS Report
            MariaMoore

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your reply! I've watched that video. But it doesn't answer my question. I might have stated it incorrectly.

I have a element hierarchy laid out in PI System Explorer. This is sitting on a development database, so it is not in production yet.

Asset Server: PIAF-GEN

->ProdDb

->TestDb

->DevDb

I want to be able to access the data in DevDb in a SSRS report.

I'm sorry PI is new to me and I'm not familiar with all of its products.

vkaufmann

The database that you are querying from is determined by the table schema. So an PI OLEDB Enterprise query would look something like:

SELECT *

FROM [NuGreen].[Asset].[Element]

WHERE DBReferenceTypeID IS NOT NULL

This query is accessing elements from the NuGreen AF database.

If this is your first time working with our SQL products, I suggest taking the time to peruse the rest of the PI SQL course as it does a good job introducing you to how the products work and then does a deeper dive into some common use-cases.

--Vince

MariaMoore

Okay that make sense. I will check out the PI SQL course as you recommended.

I do have one last question:

In SSRS, I do not have the option for "PI SQL Client" for the OLE DB Provider. It does however give me the option to choose "PI OLE DB Provider". Do I need the PI SQL Client to use the PI OLEDB Enterprise Query?

Thank you again for your help