ztang

Online Training: Implementing PI System High Availability Online Course March 2019 - Introduce Yourself

Discussion created by ztang on Mar 25, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2019 by ztang

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Implementing Pi System High Availability online course! In this course, you will learn about the topics surrounding the design and implementation of a highly available PI System. Specifically, you will learn how to install a PI Data Archive and form a PI Collective within an existing system. Additionally, the course will cover the basics of installing a PI Interface, enabling the PI Buffer Subsystem, and configuring a PI Interface for Interface Failover.

My name is Zhenguan Tang and I will be your facilitator as you progress through this course. I have a Ph.D degree of Chemical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology,  and I have been working in the San Leandro office as a Product Support Engineer for the past three years. If you run into any questions during your exercises, please feel free to email me at ztang@osisoft.com

A few reminders:

• This is a self-paced course. The course material is available 24/7 here: Implementing PI System High Availability. You can review the content, try the exercises at your own schedule for the next 3 weeks.
  • The only requirement for obtaining the certificate of completion for this course is to submit a successful final project to me before the end of the 3-week session. (Deadline is Friday, April 12th, 11:59 AM PST, before Noon). We would suggest submitting your final projects earlier in the week (Tuesday/Wednesday) so we can provide suggestions and feedback before the course is over!
  • If you have any questions, please post them on the discussion forums that are actively monitored by me and our other course facilitators, students and community members.

I'd also like to encourage you to ask questions on PI Square so that others taking the course are able to see and get answers for questions they may not have thought about.

Happy learning!

Outcomes