AnsweredAssumed Answered

Event Frames for Attribute Limit Excursions?

Question asked by Jordan_Sellers on Mar 29, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2019 by rdavin

Hi all, I'm trying to set up event frames that trigger any time an attribute value is outside of its child Hi/Lo attribute limits.  Currently the only way I know how to do this is to create a separate EF generation analysis for each attribute.  Each of these analyses would need to be configured to point to the individual attribute tags/limits.

With thousands of different attributes, this would be a nightmare to build (copy/paste, configure tags) and manage since each would have need to be created/modified individually in PSE.  There is some templating that can be done, but it's mostly unique attributes.

Aside from clunky substitution/string builder tricks to minimize how much needs to be configured when copy/pasting, I'm not aware of any reasonable way to do this.  Is there a way to bulk upload analyses similar to elements/attributes in PI builder, or a way to templatize just an analysis and run it on every attribute in an element?

Ultimately, I'm just wanting to show a list of attributes currently out of limits on a Vision display, so if this would be better accomplished using a different method, I'm all ears.

Outcomes