AnsweredAssumed Answered

Turn-off PI System Management Tools (SMT) Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)

Question asked by Binu on Apr 8, 2019
Latest reply on May 13, 2019 by Binu

Hello Everyone!

We run PI in a Citrix XenApp environment, while opening PI SMT it asks for CEIP participation (as below) and which will later save the option selected (Yes or No) under user's profile. I am trying to figure out a way to turn this CEIP off for all users by default.

Below is was I tried with no luck:-

1. Tried Modifying PI SMT install, no options to turn off CEIP under Features of Install Wizard.
  2. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling PI SMT, there were no option to turn off CEIP there too.
  3. Ran Process Monitor while turning off CEIP option under SMT, could see below file getting modified but no CEIP options found (%LocalAppData%\OSIsoft\SMTHost.exe_StrongName_ebdkvkyxoz4e1ufktoicytfbtyr5hril\3.5.6.0\user.config)
  4. Ran RegShot while turning off CEIP option under SMT, no relevant changes in regards to CEIP found.

I couldn't see any relevant articles on internet about turning CEIP off and hence thought of asking support from the forum. Please advise if you have come across this.

Thank you.

Outcomes