fwalsh

Developing Applications with PI AF SDK Online Course - May 2019 - Introduce Yourself

Discussion created by fwalsh Employee on May 20, 2019
Latest reply on May 28, 2019 by fwalsh

Hi everyone!

My name is Frank Walsh, and I am the facilitator for this Developing Applications with PI AF SDK course. I'm currently a Product Support Engineer for OSIsoft, with a product specialty in Developer Technologies. I have also worked in the industry as an MES engineer.  I would be happy to share best practices, tips and tricks, and answer any questions during the course.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself. We'd like to know who you are, your goals for this course, and anything else you'd like to share!

A few reminders:

• This is a self-paced course. The course material is available 24/7 here: Developing Applications with PI AF SDKYou can review the content, try the exercises at your own schedule for the next 3 weeks.
  • The only requirement for obtaining the certificate of completion for this course is to submit a successful final project to me before the end of the 3-week session. (Deadline is Friday, June 7th, 11:59 AM EST, before Noon). We would suggest submitting your final projects earlier in the week (Tuesday/Wednesday) so we can provide suggestions and feedback before the course is over!
  • If you have any questions, please post them on the discussion forums that are actively monitored by me and our other course facilitators, students and community members.
  • We typically encourage you to work with your own PI System and own data to create a final project that's meaningful for your work. However, if you do not have access to a working system, you could purchase an optional learning environment for this course for 3 weeks.

Thanks again for joining us and enjoy the course!

Best regards,

Frank

Outcomes