AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programmatically failover PItoPI interface

Question asked by taterhead247 on May 28, 2019
Latest reply on May 29, 2019 by gmichaud-verreault

Does anyone know of a way to programmatically (PowerShell preferred) failover a PItoPI interface? At our company we have about 25 PItoPIs passing data from one archive to another. These interfaces are all on 1 set of sister machines. In order to balance the load between the two machines, we like to have half of them running on one machine and half on the other. I have a PowerShell script that runs every night and check to see which machine the interface is running on. If the interface is not running on the expected machine, then the script should fail over. But no matter what I try, failover isn't working.

At first I tried restarting the service of the active interface. Then I tried writing to the ActiveID tag. In both cases the active node will switch over for a very short time period and then switch back. You can see below that when the script ran at 3 AM this morning it wrote a value of 2 to ActiveID. But 40 seconds later it went to 1 again by itself. You can see from the Trend that interface I'm trying to move off of (blue) went to Backup for a few seconds and then quickly back to Transition and then Primary. The instance I wanted to take over never budged from Backup.

ActiveID Time Series DataUFO State Trend

Outcomes