3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 10:55 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

PI AF Notification Template

Sanjeeb

Hi,

I am trying to build a new Notification Template out of this below condition. Can someone suggest how to go about the same? The condition is as below:

Bad Data: In this case the “Event Detector” will scan the PI tags in scope looking for non-numeric and/or alpha numeric displays,i.e., error, scan off, access denied, negative values (i.e. non-numeric values), Failed, Out of Range (0-2000), No Data, Pt Created. If any of these conditions met then an Event will be fired.

Could you please assist? Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjeeb

• Re: PI AF Notification Template
          Ahmad Fattahi

Sanjeeb,

One way to do this is configuring the notification trigger as a Performance Equation condition and take advantage of IsBad function in PI PE syntax. Please refer to the "Performance Equation Condition" section under Trigger in the PI Notifications users manual.

Side point: to catch stale points you want to set your time rule as periodic as opposed to natural.

Sanjeeb

Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created PEs for each of these conditions (as below) under 'Trigger' tab. While trying to save these PEs, I get this message that says, 'This analysis rule is not configured are you sure you want to save it'. Is that an issue?

The PEs I have configured for each of these conditions:

TagVal('AFattribute') = 'IsBad'

TagVal('AFattribute') = 'Error'

TagVal('AFattribute') = 'Scan Off'

Is this correct or only the PE 'IsBad' sufficient to meet all the conditions for a Bad Value (as stated in my first post)?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sanjeeb

Ahmad Fattahi

As for stale tags who are having problems, please see this KB article with lots of tools including Performance Equations and PI Notifications. You can also use interface I/O rate tags and health tags and configure notifications based off of these tags and your requirements.

As for hard limits on your tag value (such as below zero) you can simply configure a Notification that fires whenever this condition is met.