AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to create child events within event frame analysis.

Question asked by tgschneider on Jun 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2019 by sraposo

I've been struggling to create child event frames within a parent event. I have a tag that represents the sequential stage number of a piece of equipment, essentially a batch process. It starts at 1, and climbs incrementally to 14, then resets. I would like to create event frames that have a parent event encompassing the entire cycle (from when it resets to 1, all the way until it resets again for the next cycle), as well as child events for each stage in the process (eg, a child event for when the tag is equal to 1, 2, 3...).

I currently have a trigger for each stage number, as shown below. When I remove the 1 second requirement for the first trigger, I end up with one long event rather than smaller ones.

Here are the results seen in the preview. It looks as if there are child events being defined by their start trigger, rolled up into one parent event.

However, when I search for the events in question, I find something completely different. The timestamps in these events do not always line up with any changes in the tag value (as viewed in ProcessBook).

Any help or advice on what I might be doing wrong would be very appreciated! Ideally, I would like to see a parent event (like the one starting at 13:50:31 in the preview results pane), with child events for each of those stage triggers.

Outcomes