I would like to Calculate the Number of Trains Running using Train Speed (RPM)?
Below is the PI Performance Equation that I came up with:
Event=MY.SEA.49SI240B.PV, (If('MY.SEA.49SI240B.PV'>0 then 1 else 0)+If('MY.SEA.49SI340B.PV'>0 then 1 else 0)+If('MY.SEA.49SI440B.PV'>0 then 1 else 0))
The tags are Train Speed Tags:
- Point Type : Float32
- Unit : RPM
- Bad State : Unit Down
The Expected Results are:
- is 0 if none of the rains are Running
- is 1 if only the 1 Train is Running
- is 3 if only 2 of the Trains are Running
- is 3 if all the 3 Trains are Running
However my formula is not yielding any results and are currently in the "Pt Created" State:
- Is my Syntax Correct? If not, please correct it or propose a new Equation.
- Can PI automatically detect "Unit Down" value as String and perform the calculation even if 1 or all the Tags are in "Unit Down" value? Currently 2 of 3 of the Trains are showing "Unit Down" status
- Can I choose not to have either an Event based Trigger or a Time Based Trigger for a PI Performance Equation? If yes, how?
Senior Systems Consultant