Bannikov

PI JDBC under IBM ILOG ODM

Discussion created by Bannikov on Aug 15, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 by Gopal

Hello all!

I've just tried to establish a connection from IBM ILOG ODM to AF Server through PI JDBC driver. I've sucessfully defined a connection, but when I've tried to unload data to my application, I've encounter a terrific exception like this:

Can somebody explain, can I tune this seeting, and how? Thank you!

java.sql.SQLException: setAutoCommit(false) Function not applicable for PI SQL Data Access Server

16.08.2012 0:06:05|WARNIN|ilog.odm.utils.IloIssueReporterBase.error         |ODM-TaskService   |SBANNIKO|21          |  Error connecting to the database, check that it is accessible and properly initialized. Details: 'Error connecting to the database, check that it is accessible and properly initialized (URL: 'jdbc:pi://10.21.12.115/Data Source=OSISOFTAF01;Integrated Security=SSPI;').'.ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloExternalDBConnectionException: Error connecting to the database, check that it is accessible and properly initialized. Details: 'Error connecting to the database, check that it is accessible and properly initialized (URL: 'jdbc:pi://10.21.12.115/Data Source=OSISOFTAF01;Integrated Security=SSPI;').'.
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl.getDBConnection(IloDataServiceImpl.java:874)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl$3.getDBConnection(IloDataServiceImpl.java:1026)
 at ilog.odm.dataproc.datasource.IloDataBaseScenarioUpdater.updateScenario(IloDataBaseScenarioUpdater.java:55)
 at ilog.odm.dataproc.datasource.IloCompositeUpdater.updateScenario(IloCompositeUpdater.java:37)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl$1$1.call(IloDataServiceImpl.java:544)
 at ilog.odm.utils.IloClassUtils$2.call(IloClassUtils.java:287)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl$1.invoke(IloDataServiceImpl.java:541)
 at $Proxy9.updateScenario(Unknown Source)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl.updateScenario(IloDataServiceImpl.java:850)
 at ilog.odm.studio.swing.inputdata.query.IloShowScenarioFactoryTemplateAction.processRequestImpl(IloShowScenarioFactoryTemplateAction.java:132)
 at ilog.odm.studio.swing.inputdata.query.IloQueryTemplateAction$1.run(IloQueryTemplateAction.java:127)
 at ilog.odm.tasksvc.internal.IloTask.execute(IloTask.java:110)
 at ilog.odm.tasksvc.internal.IloTaskServiceImpl.doProcess(IloTaskServiceImpl.java:408)
 at ilog.odm.tasksvc.internal.IloTaskServiceImpl.executeTask(IloTaskServiceImpl.java:494)
 at ilog.odm.tasksvc.internal.IloTaskServiceImpl.access$100(IloTaskServiceImpl.java:32)
 at ilog.odm.tasksvc.internal.IloTaskServiceImpl$1.run(IloTaskServiceImpl.java:123)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by: ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloDBConnectionException: Error connecting to the database, check that it is accessible and properly initialized (URL: 'jdbc:pi://10.21.12.115/Data Source=OSISOFTAF01;Integrated Security=SSPI;').
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.createSQLConnection(IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.createConnection(IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.java:174)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloDBConnectionManagerImpl$IloConnectionDescFactory.makeObject(IloDBConnectionManagerImpl.java:93)
 at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:1148)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloDBConnectionManagerImpl$IloConnectionDescPool.borrowConnection(IloDBConnectionManagerImpl.java:183)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloDBConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(IloDBConnectionManagerImpl.java:370)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl.getExternalConnectionManager(IloDataServiceImpl.java:310)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.impl.IloDataServiceImpl.getDBConnection(IloDataServiceImpl.java:872)
 ... 20 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: setAutoCommit(false) Function not applicable for PI SQL Data Access Server
 at com.osisoft.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.setAutoCommit(ConnectionImpl.java:484)
 at ilog.odm.datasvc.persist.sql.IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.createSQLConnection(IloSQLConnectionFactoryImpl.java:131)
 ... 27 more

Outcomes