AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can we create dynamic color gauges in PI vision?

Question asked by Kiran324 on Dec 6, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2019 by Roger Palmen

I intend to design a dynamic gauge in PI vision something similar to the below image - 

Can this be done? If yes, I would like to learn more on the same.

I followed the below path - 

PI-Vision-Custom-Symbols/Community Samples/OSIsoft/amcharts-gauge at master · alexjj/PI-Vision-Custom-Symbols · GitHub 

I used the link https://www.amcharts.com/download/download-v3/ to download the required files.

But couldn't be sure I got all the folders and files mentioned in the tutorial of the above link. Below highlighted point shows the files I couldnt find -

""

1. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the "PIPC\PIVision" installation folder on your PI Vision server; typically, it's located in "C:\Program Files\PIPC\PIVision"

2. From within the folder named "PIVision", navigate to the "\Scripts\app\editor\symbols" sub-folder.

3. Within the folder named "symbols", if there is not already a folder called "ext", create a folder called "ext".

4. If this a symbol that uses the amCharts library (if so, the symbol will contain "amcharts" in the name), download the amcharts JavaScript Charts library zip file from https://www.amcharts.com/download/. Now that the "ext" folder exists, or already exits, extract the contents of the .ZIP file that you just downloaded into the "ext" folder. The "ext" folder should now contain folders for "images", "lang", "patterns", "plugins", and "themes", and you should have just pasted in the following .js files: amcharts.js, funnel.js, gauge.js, pie.js, radar.js, serial.js, and xy.js.

5. Now that the "ext" folder exists, or already exits, open it, and paste into the "ext" folder the one .js and two .html files contained in the custom symbol .ZIP folder that you were sent.

6. Within the folder named "ext", if there is not already a folder called "Icons", create a folder called "Icons".

7. Now that the "Icons" folder exists, or already exits, open it, and paste into the "Icons" folder the one .png image file contained in the custom symbol .ZIP folder that you were sent.

""

Any help on the given requirement will be great!!

Thank you in advance!!

Regards,

Kiran Rao

Outcomes