AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Vision multiple trend lines from variable number of child elements?

Question asked by Asle Frantzen Champion on Jan 9, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2020 by Asle Frantzen

Hi everyone

I only have PI Vision 2017 R2 available at the moment, and need suggestions on possible solutions:

I have a setup which would fit perfect into a combination of element relative displays, with element collections to get child element attibutes. I have a set of around 100 buildings which derive from a "building" template. As child element of these buildings I have some indoor room climate elements (deriving from a "room climate" template) containing one temperature attribute. 

My client wants to see all room temperature tags in one trend for each building, regardless of how many child elements (rooms) are there. And this must work with element relative context for each building, as we're going to be creating links with URL parameters in a 3rd party system.

I'm thinking this is not possible using the Collection feature of 2017 R2, the only result I can get is one trend per temperature attribute.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this without too much effort? I don't have time in the project to write a custom symbol capable of this.

If PI Vision 2019 can do something similar, please tell!

Thanks!

Outcomes