AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using returned values from BatchGroup selection as a secondary PIBatch search criteria

Question asked by Michael.Galluccio on Jan 22, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2020 by kduffy

Hello! I am very new to PI ProcessBook/BatchView and I am looking to automate visualization process in ProcessBook.

I have a PIBatch search for currently running and completed batches over the last few days. I want to select an item in that BatchGroup and use some of the values for that item as search criteria for a second PIBatch search. I plan on having the returned values from the first search compare against a list of values in VBA or an external spreadsheet that will return one of items to be written as the second search criteria

I finally figured out how to pull values into VBA varaibles from the SelectedItem but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around automatically writing them into the criteria for the second PIBatch search and then initiating the search.

This is the first step of many to come with this project and I figure that go through this project will give me a better understanding of PI development as I go.

So, my first question; is this even possible? And my second question; how do I write a VBA variable's value to a PIBatch search in ProcessBook?

Outcomes