Lonnie Bowling

Need Ideas for my vCampus Windows 8 Presentation!!

Discussion created by Lonnie Bowling Champion on Oct 12, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 by spilon

Hi Everyone,

I have started on my windows 8 table application for my vCampus Live presentation.  I'm looking for ideas or suggestions on what to include.  Below is a screenshot of what I have.  It is a really simple tag search and charting app, which is pretty boring in my opinion.  I'm using my On-Prim PI Server to Azure to ASP.Net for a data feed, which is working really well, you can't see the speed, but there is almost no lag when a new tag is selected to when the chart is updated.

So, some of the things I was thinking about including is authentication to this app, using Azure claims-based security.  I have not seen that done. But again, that might be pretty boring and maybe a bit too advanced.  I'm targeting devs that have not done any Azure or Windows 8 development.

Some ideas that have been floating around in my head:  Adding data logging, doing notifications, doing AF asset mapping (you have 10 generators with the same template and query and look at a common dashboard).  I would like focus on taking advantage of the mobile nature of a tablet if possible and not just rehash things you find in a typical desktop application.  So please help me out and give me some ideas!!!  If I use your idea, I will be sure and give you credit.

Thanks,

Lonnie

5086.Screen-Shot-2012_2D00_10_2D00_11-at-7.19.59-AM.png

Outcomes