AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can i get an attribute (pi point or static) to read the timestamp of the acknowledge function? e.g. when a person acknowledges an event frame, the timestamp gets read into an attribute.

Question asked by Sijing on Feb 26, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2020 by Sijing

I am attempting to create an event frame that closes when the user presses "acknowledge".

The next event frame then starts immediately after.

And there are two ways I suppose this can be done:

(1) The event trigger is always true with a child event frame that is triggered by the limiting attribute that generates the notification.The frame then closes when the event is acknowledged by someone. The next event frame starts immediately after. 

(2) The event trigger is a time based attribute. When the attribute date is smaller than or equal to the date today, the event is triggered. Similarly there is a child event frame that is triggered by the limiting attribute that generates the notification.

When the user pressed 'acknowledge', the timestamp is written to the time based attribute. Thus ending the current event and triggering the start of the next event.

After consulting around, the first option will require some kind of custom coding. I am hoping the second option will be simpler. Nevertheless, if it does, I would be happy to try it out. 

Thank you in advance for helping out!

Outcomes