rdube02

Counting Change of Value

Discussion created by rdube02 Champion on Oct 15, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 by hanyong

When I started this task, I really thought it would be simple, but it's turning out to be quite difficult. I have a machine that counts "cycles", which is a quick process that lasts about 15 to 30 seconds. However, I would like to keep track of those cycles per "tool" on the machine. Meaning, I have tags especially for tool1, tool2, tool3 and tool4.

When tool1 is on the machine, I want to increment that counter alongside the machine's "general" counter. When tool2 is on the machine, I would instead increment that tool's counter tag, etc...

There's no "reset" point, because this is a long-term counter, so totalizer doesn't really work because I want the tool counter changes to basically have the same time/date stamp as the general machine counter changes.

I've tried writing a performance equation to do this - and I can filter by tool# easily enough, but I can't seem to accomplish the "simple" task of having a second tag count whenever another PI value changes.  Am I missing something simple?

-Ryan

Outcomes