AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automate AF Table Write

Question asked by mbollenbacher on Mar 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 by Supriya_Birajdar

I'm looking to run a weekly analysis on PI data that would result in non-time series statistics. I would want these statistics to be automatically populated to an AF table that would store a moving 5 week set of data. With this I'm looking to either overwrite the old data or delete the oldest week's data and add the most recent week's data. My understanding is that there is not a way to run an AF Analysis and store the results directly to an AF Table. If there is a way, please let me know. Otherwise, I am looking for a method to populate these weekly statistics into an AF Table. It was mentioned here How to write data to a AF table that PI ODBC Driver could be a potential solution. After doing a little research I'm left with more questions as it uncovered other SDK options. I'm looking for the most straight forward way to pull these statistics and automatically populate them to the table, but I'm not sure I know the right questions to ask to get there.

Also, I'm not particularly interested in in historizing this data into PI Tags as it's non-time series and will be changing weekly.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Outcomes