2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 5:15 PM by izaias

Error while trying to use AF Wrapper

izaias

Hello guys,

I was trying to use the AF Wrapper example, but I got no success on it yet.

I did the build and imported the AF elements, all was looking fine, but when I open the example.PDI, I got the following errors:

#1 PI Processbook says that i got an error on connection with another PI tools, it says there is a authentication error and I should go to archive > PI Systems and try to log in again.

I logged in some times, but it still with the error.

But even with this error message, I can browse AF elements for example, the connection is fine.

http://imageshack.us/f/443/img1aferro.png/

#2 VBA error on executing this sub

(RefreshDisplay sub... at this line: ElemDesc.Contents = AFW.GetElementDescription(ERD.CurrentContext(ThisDisplay)) )

It says that an object was expected,but none was given.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/img2aferro2.png/

Have you passed through something like that? Does anyone know what could be causing those errors?

Thank you.

Best regards.

• Re: Error while trying to use AF Wrapper
          hanyong

Izaias dos Santos

#1 PI Processbook says that i got an error on connection with another PI tools, it says there is a authentication error and I should go to archive > PI Systems and try to log in again.

I logged in some times, but it still with the error.

But even with this error message, I can browse AF elements for example, the connection is fine.

Hi Izaias,

Do you mean that you can browse the AF Element from the Element Relative Display dock window? I think the elements shown in the dock window is stored locally as part of the processbook file, so you can still see them even if there is a connection error. Have you tried to connect to your AF server from another tool like PI System Explorer and see if you get the same error?

I guess your second error may be related to the connection error, I've tried the example pdi file and it works if I have a valid connection to a AF server.

• Re: Error while trying to use AF Wrapper
              izaias

Hi Han,

Actually yes, I tried to use another tools and even search AF Elements by Processbook interface, and its all ok.

On this screenshot, we can see that even with the error message, the connection is ok, because I can search any db on my AF Server, bringing any element to Element Relative Display.

http://imageshack.us/f/846/imgaferro3.png/

*sorry with wrong names of tool's component, that is happening because I'm using the PT-BR version and there are some names that are a little bit different.

I think this connection problem is the cause of the other one, but when I browse others .pdi's, I get no error, so I don't know what may causing this.

Thanks.

Regards.