AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Web API Calculation/Intervals Error - Event Collection Exceeded the Maximum Allowed

Question asked by Jared.Sanders on May 5, 2020
Latest reply on May 7, 2020 by Dan Fishman

My team has been running into a particular issue with PI Web API when querying some tags using the calculation/intervals endpoint. For example:

/piwebapi/calculation/intervals?expression=’SINUSOID’+10&sampleInterval=4320m&startTime=2020-01-15T22:55:28.0450000Z&endTime=2020-04-28T20:55:28.0450000Z&webid=F1DS3MffhoZYjkyVjqd8StKrtQUFNSUElDT0xM

While this works fine for SINUSOID and many of our tags, it does not work for some tags. Instead, it returns the following error:

[-11091] Event collection exceeded the maximum allowed

I’m suspecting that the tags resulting in this error are high frequency tags with a lot of data stored on the PI Server for this time interval. However, I would assume that we would have some control over avoiding this error by manipulating the sampleInterval parameter on the query string. However, no matter what value I set this parameter to, the result is the same.

Is this is a known issue? Is there a way we can retrieve the results without shortening the time range?

Outcomes