2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 1:51 PM by andreas

Nano PI Systems

With lots of talk about cloud based PI, or PI in the Sky, I wonder if there is any work on the opposite end of the scale - what is the smallest (footprint) PI System?  Or even further down the scale than that, can you imagine a world where we have nano PI embedded on devices.  Such as a nano PI System embedded on a lightbulb; the license for such a PI System expires when the lightbulb no longer works but in the meantime data on the lightbulb usage is collected, stored on the bulb itself (limited time Archives) from which you stream to another PI System - nano-PIBufss - or you even push data to your PI in the Sky system. .

Anyway, the point of my post is that in one hand you have the need for truly massive PI Systems that have billions or trillions of Points, but on the other hand you have the need for small scale systems that service a specific "thing"...how busy would we all be if the "Internet of Things" was backed by nano PI Systems.

• Re: Nano PI Systems
          Ahmad Fattahi

Hi Rhys,

This is a very interesting idea. While I totally have my own idea of how immensely valuable such small "creature" can be, I am going to ask for your more information. How do you see these "things" can be more valuable when data around them is being collected? Also, how do you see the data being transferred back and forth to be used by client applications? Extra low power wireless?