aabrodskiy

PI AF Builder - feature requests

Discussion created by aabrodskiy on Nov 13, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 by RJKSolutions

I hope you will excuse me for posting feature requests here on vCampus, but I thought maybe other community members will have something to add.

We would really like to see in the PI AF Builder a few minor additional features on top of the existing great functionality, which is really helping us on a daily basis.

1. When extract Element templates - add a column for template inheritance path (similar to the one called "InheritancePath" in PI OLEDB ElementTemplate table).
  2. When extract Elements, there is a checkbox to extract Element References. Would it be possible to add an option to "Resolve Element References"? E.g. to extract actual structure from the Reference instead of just one row pointing to the Reference itself.
  3. Comparison of structures from different databases. Whether it is a structure of Elements, or structure of Templates. It could be a part of that AF Sync tool long discussed on this forum, but maybe also a functionality of PI AF Builder. E.g. if I have a Sandbox AF Database and a Production one, I would like to compare the changes I've done to some structures and deploy only those changes...

In the meantime we have developed this our way in a custom Excel VSTO add-in, but I thought it would be great to have this functionality built in in the future versions of the PI AF Builder.

Outcomes